Winter in State College
In 1954, two groups of evangelical Christians decided to merge to form a new fellowship called University Bible Church. This new church was located on airport road (where Grace Presbyterian Church is currently located). In 1968, the members of University Bible Church decided to affiliate with the Evangelical Free Church of America. In 1987, the church was renamed State College Evangelical Free Church to reflect its affiliation with the denomination. Sale of the Airport Road property was completed in 1992, and the church moved into temporary facilities on Gerald Street. In December of 1996 church was held for the first time in the current building on Blue Course Drive.
Pastors who have served over the years:
Dr. George L. Hopkins, 1954-1959
Rev. Allen K. Smith, 1959-1966
Rev. Gordan E. Bolt, 1966-?
Rev. Gordan Hamilton, 1968-1970
Rev. Benjamin T. Grove, 1970-1979
Rev. LeRoy Cowfer and other part-time pastor, 1970-1985
Rev. Regis P. Sullivan, Jr. 1985-2000
Dr. Eric Tober, 2002-2008
Rev. Keith Maurer, 2009-to present